Monday, September 6, 2010

Wer sind nicht mehr in Kansas........or should I say Alabama?

Well I am here, I have arrived into the blogging world.  I am going to be 28 years old next week, I have two kids, Ive been married to my soldier boy for going on seven years and I drive a station-waggon.....so why not blog?  Who am I trying to kid anyways?  (Can I get a "what-what" from all the swagger wagon mamas out there!)  After the worst move in the history of the universe (yes I am going to be that dramatic), we have arrived in Germany.  Note to self on the move, never ever ever try to move overseas coming directly off of a deployment.....bad idea.  If the Army was asking I would be telling.....BAD IDEA ARMY!  But, its done and the childbirth pains are slowing, we have found a car, a house, possibly a school, ballet class, tumbling class, PWOC, an APO box, doctors, dentist, Jeremys office, and.........well we are still looking for the pair or underwear Mattox left on the plane.  

The first thing that I realized when we got to Germany was this:  I dont understand a single licking word that these people are saying.  At the cost of sounding like the typical American (Southern American at that), I cant understand a word of it.  Jeremy and myself are at a loss here.  We stare at the menus, the street signs, the people and we start laughing because we might as well be on the moon.  So needless to say I will be signing up quickly for German classes!  Sprechen Sei Deutsch?  No, but I'll try. 


I cant say enough about SKYPE.  I have stayed connected with my family daily through SKYPE.  Edwin Mack thinks he can talk to Mimi and Grandad anytime the computer is on.  He climbs on the chair and starts yelling, "MIMI....GRANDAD", but most of the time its just my email account.  He thinks they should always be on the computer talking to him.   I have to say, sometimes I agree.

5 comments:

  1. yippee! I can live vicariously in Europe through the Gibbs! Julia, I am so excited to watch everyone grow (well, I don't think you're gonna get any taller but the kiddos...wow) and explore fabulous places in Germany, etc. keep up the great attitude and scout untamed places and let me know about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,

    You really should write a book with your sense of humor. A blog may not contain it all, but it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I am so happy you have entered blog world. It's pretty much my only creative outlet these days. I hope you enjoy it. I'll keep following! See you in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's about time. Now I can stalk you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT-WHAT! So excited about this blog! You make me laugh. Already love it and will be checking regularly!

    ReplyDelete